Have you wondered how to create custom tabs on your Facebook Page?
I have the simple answer!
I noticed a friend of mine, Doug Lampi had created some awesome custom tabs on one of his Facebook Pages and I’d been meaning to ask him for the longest time how to do that. (Doug is my mentor and my favourite colleague).
Finally, today we had a moment in our Skype call and I was down far enough in my to-do list to get to the question, “How do you create custom tabs on your Facebook page”? I was very surprised at how simple it is! I thought I’d need to know programming and code (which I don’t, although I can get by if I have a place to copy from).
Would you like your Facebook Page to look like this?
Note the images ‘Ultralights’, ‘Hang Gliders’ & ‘Flying Lessons‘. They’re all customized and they are pages from the Adventure at Altitude website that are pulled into the Facebook Page! I created them using the Static HTML: iframe tabs and I plan to use this on all my client pages from now on!
Here’s how to create custom tabs on your Facebook Page….
- In your personal Facebook profile, type in static html: iframe tabs. It will take you here
- Click ‘Add Static HTML to a Page
- Another window will open & you will see this image below.
- Click the dropdown box & select the page you want to add your custom app to.
- Click ‘Add HTML: iframe tabs
- When you look on your page you will see an image like this on your tabs….
- Float over the star image (above) and you’ll see a pencil appear in the top right corner. Click on the pencil and a drop down box will appear.
- Click on ‘Edit Settings’ from the dropdown menu.
- This box below will appear…
- In the ‘Custom Tab Name’ box, type in the name you want to give this app. (Eg: Reputation Management).
- To add a custom image – Click on ‘Change’ Custom Tab image.
- Create a custom image 111 x 74 pixels! It has to be EXACT size in order to work.
- This is the box that will appear next…..
- Float over the top right corner & the ‘Edit’ box will appear. Click on Edit & upload your custom 111 x 74 px image.
- The image will appear. Now go back to your Facebook Page & click on the custom image you just uploaded. This is what you’ll see….
- I selected ‘Website‘ because that pulls in the page of the url that you insert here and that’s what I wanted so I clicked ‘Use This App’ on the website square.
- In’ URL of External Page’, paste the url of the website page that you want pulled in.
- To make the website page fit without having to scroll click on ‘Remove Scrollbars’
- Use the slider for ‘Width & Height’ to make the website page appear without having to scroll.
- Save & Publish!
You can add up to 12 custom tabs using the Static HTML: iframe app!
To add additional custom tabs …..
- Click on the custom tab that you’ve already created
- Click on ‘Admin Tools’. It will take you here…
- Click on +Add tabs
- Choose from ‘second tab’ to ‘twelfth tab’ and repeat as often as you want!
Watch the Video ‘How To Create Custom Tabs on your Facebook Page’
Create Custom Tabs on Your Facebook Page buff.ly/Yql5lK
— Tina Lussier (@TinaLussier) March 5, 2013
Create Custom Tabs on Your Facebook Page